Friday, December 23, 2011

Day 23 of Christmas Crafting: Delicious Muddy Buddies

Oh my goodness, how have I never had these delicious treats before?  Patrick made some noises about making these, and seeing as I had never had them before, I may have said, "mmm hmm", and moved on.  But while I was at Target I saw they had all their Chex cereals on sale, and I thought, what the hey?  So I bought what was needed and told Patrick the good news.  We got around to making them tonight.  Needless to say, these will be on our annual Christmas rotation from now on!  Here's the recipe courtesy of Chex®:
Ingredients
9cups Chex® cereal (we used a mix of Corn and Rice Chex)
1cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2cup peanut butter
1/4cup butter or margarine
1teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Preparation Directions
1. Measure the cereal into a large mixing bowl; set aside.

2. In a 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir.  Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. 
3. Stir in vanilla and pour over cereal, stirring until the cereal is evenly coated.
4. Pour into 2 gallon-size plastic bags and add the powdered sugar, split between the two bags.  Seal bag and shake until well coated.
5. Spread on waxed paper to cool.  Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Sooo tasty!  Anyone else making these this year for your Christmas festivities?  Any Muddy Buddy newbies like me out there?  Can't believe Christmas is in two days.  We're getting mighty excited!







No comments:

Post a Comment