Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day 20 of Christmas Crafting: Christmas Card Variations

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I adopted a "use what you've got" philosophy in making our Christmas card this year.  I didn't have enough of any one color of card stock or enough of one print of paper to make all the cards I needed.  Instead, I grouped coordinating colors and prints to make a variety of cards using one design.  Here are the variations I ended up with while making our cards:








I kinda love how they turned out.  And I love that we ended up with a variety without it taking much more time, and no more money!  Apparently, I should raid my supply closet more often.

The best part of this whole exercise today?  As I was getting ready to take these pictures I started to count the cards.  I've taken to counting out load to help Claire learn.  Guess what?  All that counting paid off!  As I was counting today, Claire started counting ahead of me!  I could not believe it.  And she did it over and over.  Baby Girl learned how to count without me even realizing it.  I am so proud of her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment