Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day 13 of Christmas Crafting: Snowflake Ornaments

The inspiration for today's craft did not come from Pinterest.  Shocking, I know.  I get daily emails from Parents.com (called 100 Days of Holidays) with ideas for crafts, recipes, etc. to do with kids.  When I saw this picture, I knew I wanted to make a snowflake ornament.  Especially since I already had all the materials. :)  Here's what I used and how I did it.
  • 6 Mini Jumbo popsicle sticks (there's an oxymoron if I ever saw one)
  • An assortment of white, lime green, and red buttons
  • White acrylic paint
  • Foam brush
  • Elmer's Glue
  • 2 8-inch pieces of striped baker's twine (any string or ribbon would do.)
1. I painted each stick white to serve as the background for the snowflakes.

2. Then I over-lapped 3 sticks for each ornament into a snowflake shape and glued them together.
3. Then I spent WAY too much time arranging buttons on the sticks.  Patterns are important to me, y'all.  I'm proud that I ended up with one very regimented ornament, and one (slightly) less so.

4.  Next I put a piece of striped baker's twine through the top button of each ornament and tied a knot at the top to serve as the ornament hanger.

5.  Finally, I glued each button to the sticks and let them dry for about an hour.



And here they are hanging on our tree. 


Aren't they lovely?  Super fun and colorful.  Can't wait for Claire to see them in the morning.  She loves to say the word snow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment