Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day 14 of Christmas Crafting: Flower Ornament

Ok, confession:  I got so caught up in watching last night's DVR'd shows with Patrick (love me some New Girl), I waited way too long to do today's craft.  Then when I started it, it didn't work out as planned.  So, today's craft was a happy accident.  I started out making an ornament from one of my 101 Days of Holidays emails (originally from here).  However, as I was making it, I decided to give it my own spin.  My vision did not work out as I had hoped, so I decided to see if I could salvage it.  I actually really like what I ended up with. And again, I was able to make it with crafting supplies I already owned.  Here's the final product:
And here's what it looks like on the tree.
The only problem is that I don't think I can clearly explain what to do without pictures, which means I'll have to make another one so I can do that for ya.  I'll try to update this post tomorrow.

In the meantime, I leave you with this picture of Claire.  We're going to take a Caribbean cruise in the new year, and Costco had a screamin' deal on SPF clothing for toddlers.  I picked up a set for Claire and she tried them on.  Over her clothes, of course!
Yep, that's my kid.  And yes, her shorts are on backwards.  :)  The good news is she is all about these over her clothes, so here's hopin' she'll be happy to wear them without.  Especially the hat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment