Then, as I was zipping through my Google reader one morning, I saw that Layla at The Lettered Cottage was choosing a word for this year, instead of setting specific goals or resolutions. Since I'd had the word "more" bouncing around my brain for a few weeks, I realized that choosing a word was a great idea for me, too. So here it is, my word for 2012:
|(Of course I made something pretty to remind me of my word. More on that later...)|
- I want more Family Fun time. We started a list in the fall of some of the fun things we wanted to do as a family. As a result, we actually did many of those items. I think being intentional about what we wanted to do made us more focused on making that time a priority. I want to do that each season for 2012, so that we continue to have MORE fun as a family.
- I want to have more face to face time with Claire. I am so blessed to be home with my baby girl. I have a blast with her, and it's amazing how quickly the time passes. However, because that time passes, I am realizing I don't put the priority I should on playing with her face to face. Sure, I read with her, and I do things with her, but often, she is doing things with me. I am not a born housewife, and in learning to keep house well, I think the balance has shifted a bit too far toward getting housework done. Yes, I can do most of my work with Claire, but I've missed the playtime we used to have. I just know there's a delicate balance between having lots of fun (but a messy house) and having an immaculate house (and not much fun). I am going to put my priority on MORE time playing with Claire.
- I want to spend more time with our friends. Since Claire came along, it's become ridiculously easy to be insular within our little family. She's a riot, and a handful, so I found we spent more and more time with just the three of us, and less and less with our friends. I'm a big fan of our friends and I miss our time with them. This year, I am going to focus on spending MORE time with our friends.
- I want to do more crafting. My 25 Days of Christmas Crafting was a blast, and it reminded me just how much I like to create and craft things. However, I also was reminded that I do not have time to craft every day. It was exhausting and by day 23, I had pretty much run out of steam (which is why Day 25's craft is on hold for a while). I LOVED making things for my house and my family to enjoy, but trying to do it daily is too much. That being said, I didn't craft nearly enough the other 11 months of 2011, so this year, I want to craft MORE consistently.
- I'd like to blog more consistently, too. I learned that I don't have it in me to be a daily blogger, and I'm ok with that. However, I do enjoy it, and I find it prompts me to get more crafting and home improvement type stuff done, so I definitely want to blog MORE this year, too.
- Finally, and probably most importantly, I want to focus more on my faith this year. I have a deep and abiding faith in God, but in a lot of ways, I'm still a baby in my faith. There is so much I don't know, and so much of my bible I haven't read. I started a weekly bible study last year, and that has greatly increased my knowledge of, and my hunger for God's word. This year I want to continue with my bible study, but also carve out a consistent time each day to focus on my faith for prayer and study. I've always been one to send up a quick prayer throughout the day, but never have I set aside a daily time for strengthening my relationship with God. That is important to me, and I want to spend MORE time learning and praying.