Staples is my number one, go-to place for school supply deals. Every week they have a set of 1-cent, 25-cents, and $1 deals that are on supplies almost every kid needs. (For most of these deals, you can only buy 2 of each item.) This week, here's what I got:
- 2 reams of multipurpose paper for $5.99 each before rebate, $0.25 each after rebate
- 2 plastic two-pocket folders for 25-cents each
- 2 plastic pencil boxes for 25-cents each
- 2 Wescott All-Purpose Scissors for $1 each (these are adult-size)
- 2 Wescott "For Kids" 2-pack scissors for $1 each (that's 4 student-size scissors for $2 total)
- 2 Bic "Student's Choice" mechanical pencil 5-packs for 25-cents each
- 2 Staples brand school glue for 1-cent each
- 2 Staples brand cap eraser 12-packs for 1-cent each
- 2 Bic "Round Stic" ball-point pen 10-packs for 1-cent each
NOTE: Some the 1-cent deals are only good through Wednesday, the rest are good through Saturday.
Fred Meyer had some pretty good deals this week, too. Here's what I got there:
- 4 Crayola crayons 24-packs for 25-cents each
- 3 Elmer's school glue bottles for 25-cents each.
Both of these deals were limited to 4 items each. Why did I get only 3 glues? Because I found a great online rebate that credits you 75-cents when you buy Elmers glue. Therefore, all three glues were free, and I don't have to count them toward my personal $100 donation cap. Info on this rebate here. That means my total cost at Fred Meyer's this week was only $1 for 7 items!
NOTE: I am showing totals pre-tax as sales tax rates vary by location.
If you are interested in finding supply deals at other stores, here are some links to krazycouponlady.com. This is the website I use to plan my weekly grocery shopping, and they do a great job summarizing the back-to-school specials, too. Click on the name of the store below to find their specials for this week:
CVS and Walgreens
Target and Walmart