Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Little Craftiness

We interrupt this dining room makeover for a breaking craft deadline...

No, we haven't finished redoing the dining room yet, but it's coming along.  I had a crafting deadline approaching though, so I had to stop the redoing and get creative.  I said "had to" as if that was a problem for me.  Ha!  No, I was super pumped to get my craft on.  It has been way too long since I have had easy access to my craft stuff which means I have hardly crafted in months.

A couple girlfriends and I are throwing a baby shower for one of our friends, and I volunteered to make the invitations.  During our planning we discussed the color and decor scheme for the nursery so I would have an idea of where to start.  The glowing mom-to-be is using this adorable bedding set from Lambs & Ivy:
 
(Image found here.)
Seriously, how cute is that?  I'm not a huge fan of pink, and I'm gaga over it.   Well, imagine my joy when I found scrapbook paper that coordinated with it beautifully!  I was over the moon, and super excited to get started.

I nanny my niece Hannah over the summer, and she was excited to help me, too.  I planned my design and made a prototype for us to work off of.  After getting a thumbs-up from one of my co-planners, we were off.

To start, I pre-cut all my paper pieces.  That's a trick I learned during my Stampin' Up days.  It's amazing how quickly it moves the whole project along.  Then it was time for assembly.  H was nervous about helping, but she did great.  After a quick precision-folding tutorial, she rocked out the card base, and was ready for the next step.  I taught her how to use a mono-adhesive, and she attached the first piece to the base.The rest of the card was pretty intricate, so I took over, but in less than an our we had finished the entire set of invitations!  Here's how they turned out:
How cute is that?  And the best news is that the mom-to-be thought they were perfect!  Love it when that happens. 

I'm telling you, that adorable scrapbook paper makes the card. In fact, I liked the card so much I reused the design to make a card for a baby shower I attended last week.  That mom-to-be was expecting a boy, so I just switched up the accent color, and used a different stamp.  Voila, two cards for the price of one!
Hmm, can you tell which picture Patrick took?  Man, I really need to get him let him teach me the basics of using our camera...

Anywho, so that's my little piece of craftiness this week.  Now I really need to get going on this dining room.  Because this is what it looked like when I was done crafting:
Yikes! Time to get my craft organizers in here stat!

No comments:

Post a Comment